Friday, October 3, 2014

40 Book Challenge 10/3/14

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Are the characters realistic?
1-525

        In Insurgent by Veronica Roth has very realistic characters to me. The main character Beatrice Prior, aka Tris, she seems real to me because she relates to regular people in this world. She is Divergent, being Divergent just means having more than one type of characteristic. In our world everyone has multiple characteristics, based on their personality, like you can be smart (Erudite) and peaceful (Amity). In the book it explains that everyone only can be one thing (Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, Candor, and Abnegation), one personality and if you are more than one of the examples then you are to be captured and killed. Tris in the book seems like a very real character based on the fact that everyone has many personalities and anyone could have many different characteristics.

   
      A character in Insurgent that to me is not that is not very realistic is Jeanine Matthews, the head of the Erudite faction, she would always try and control everyone and make a fearless army. The crazy thing was she controlled everyone with some sort of serum, where they where controlled by her and a computer. I thought that nobody could be that so controlling. She was very intelligent and no one really liked her because of what she did. The author states that she was trying to keep everyone in one city and to keep everyone in order, I think that is kinda crazy.



I commented on Omar, Sam, and Rebeca's Blog Post.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are completely right for both characters. I haven't yet read the series but I'd love to now because they both seem so interesting when I read their characteristics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me interested in the sieires now. I want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete