Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflections

         Wait..... We're already done with the 1st Quarter?! It went by fast, I actually have learned and accomplished a lot. I'm excited for the 2nd Quarter already!

          I am doing the 40 book challenge, I'm on my 12 book! 38 more books to go... The book I am currently reading is Allegiant by Veronica Roth, it is the third book in the series of Divergent. I am totally hooked on these books, they show lots of creativity in each book with great detail and support. I like this series better than the Hunger Games series, and that series was great! 

         Throughout this quarter I have learned little things like 20*89+(-20) and bigger things like how to write a paragraph that actually makes sense and is not repetitive. I learned how to annotate more in depth with every article I come to. I learned how to right a topic sentence for the paragraph, to have supporting details, and to always have textual evidence so the reader doesn't think your making things up. I have experienced more genres than just the main ones. I have learned lots of things this quarter and I can't wait to learn more!


         I have also learned things in the world. I have learned about Ebola a lot! Articles and articles and pages and pages on facts about Ebola. Now it's in the US... Time to pack my bags and leave! Just kidding, I have also learned about Malala and what she went through in her life to fight for rights for women and education to kids all around the world. Something that kinda scares me is ISIS, we have been learning about it in class, I wonder if terrorism will ever end...

        I have achieved and I have gained more knowledge a lot in this quarter, on to quarter 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment