Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Two Voice Poem



Trouble By Gary D. Schmidt
Pages: 0 - 140
Henry                                                     Sanborn

I'm going to climb Mt. Katahdin.                                                                                                  
Well I'm going with you.
I have to do this...
Alone
Yeah I know you already told me 
at least one hundred times.
I have to go alone though,
in memory of my brother.
I know, but you can get killed out
there alone.
It's not like..
You'll do any better
Yeah but at least they won't be looking
for your body for six months, at least 
it will be easier to find if one of us 
makes it out alive.
Just shut up Sanborn before I 
take you down.
I'll take you down in less than 
five seconds.
Lets go then!
(Henry gets pinned to the ground, his face in the grass).
Okay I give up you got me.
Maybe next time buddy!
But you know nothing about 
climbing mountains.
So, I rather go with you then
to see my best friend die alone.
We will always be best friends!
Okay, Okay fine. Thanks
for being with me in this
tough time.
That's what friends are for.
I just want to prove to my
brother that I'm better then
he sees me.
Well you will, with me by your side.
We have to be careful by the...
Sharp edge cliff
I heard that if you fall from
there you will break into
a million pieces!
Same!
I'm scared!
Well I have to do it, scared
or not!
True, because that is what your
brother would say.
Yup, that was him...
Well, lets go finish this mile
in under four minutes!
You mean I will finish in under
four minutes.
Same thing, lets go!
See you at the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog! I liked how you put the characters so that they were talking to each other. I also liked how you included the part where Henry gets taken down after he told Sanborn that he was going to take him down. Something I got confused on was at the end when you mentioned the race.

    ReplyDelete