Friday, March 13, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog

It's finally third quarter! Then the end of fourth quarter and school is over! Time flies fast. I have progressed and improved a lot from first quarter in many ways.

     I think I have made my biggest improvement on my writing all together.  I used to be really unorganized and be very redundant with my writing. Now I have learned how to do a summary that includes a topic sentence and supporting details. I also have improved on my diction when I am writing, like instead of "being confused' you can say "I'm discombobulated." Everyone needs to now how to write in about any occupation. Also I am making sure not using FANBOYS in the beginning of sentences because that is not correct grammar.

     Something that I am proud of that I have accomplished since the New Year was to try new stuff. I have learned to be well rounded in everything I do. Like I have been trying to advance my diction. I also have been trying new genres of books, most recently I have read a memoir called The Boy in the Wooden Box. I usually do not read any nonfiction novels because I think they are tedious but this one I have enjoyed. Now I am aware that lots of genres are very interesting.

     The most challenging thing in third quarter was the Articles of the Week and making sure to read every night. The AoWs where challenging because I always had  a rough time with the objective summaries. I would always add textual evidence when you aren't supposed to. I was also bad at interpreting what was happening in the passage. Also with reading every night since I was in Battle of the Books it was hard because I have a busy schedule or sometimes I am just really lazy to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment