Thursday, March 26, 2015

Poetry Reflection

     The importance poetry has on my life is helps me express myself in a humorous way or more serious way. It also lets me understand other people's experiences other than mine. In my picture poem I described paradise for me and how I thought it would be. In my nonsense poem I thought of a monster I imagined in my head and put it on paper, honestly it's awesome how we can do that. Our imagination is not impossible to describe, we can draw or write or put it into a poem and BOOM! we have our thoughts on paper. Then on a serious note we can express ourselves on paper also. Like on my spine and found poetry I just described what I felt about serious topics, that also other could relate too.  Then when other also describe their experiences in poetry everyone just connects. That is also a good thing about poetry others can relate and enjoy your own poetry.

     Honestly poetry does not belong to everyone. Teenagers in my grade don't think of it as their favorite type of read, because when they think of poetry they think of Shakespeare and Edgar A. Poe, which is boring to our generation. People don't give poetry a chance, I didn't either. Now I actually enjoy poetry. I bet more people my age would enjoy it if they reach out to poetry that is relatable in any situation serious or humorous.

     The life and past experiences of a poet affects their life because it basically shows the type of poetry they are going to talk about. Like Edgar A. Poe, he had a kinda horrible history so he talked about creepy/sad stories. Their experiences also changes how they think in the future, so they could be better with their choices and even show it in their poetry. That is the beauty of poetry.

- Extended Metaphor Poem
Bio-Poem of a Character
Where I'm from Poem
- Two Voice Poem
- Spine Poem
- Found Poem
- Picture Poem

1 comment:

  1. Be careful and do not overgeneralize when mentioning a group of people...all people might not fit into that category.

    My favorite line of yours is..."That is the beauty of poetry.":)

    ReplyDelete