Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Talk 2/4/15

My Video


Transcript

    Hey! I'm Evie and I'm going to talk about my book called The Zebra Forest. The author of the book is Adina Rishe Gewirtz and the genre is realistic fiction.

     The setting of The Zebra Forest is in a small two-floor house that is surrounded by a "Zebra" like forest, the forest is called that because of how the trees look, some are black and others are white. The closest building to the house is a prison, and besides the prison they have no other neighbors.

     The main character of the story is Annie B., and the book is in her perspective. She is in 6th grade and has brown hair. She is the more modest and mature person in the book. Other characters include Andrew Snow Jr. also known as Rew, he is the little brother that really does not like his father. Then there is Andrew Snow who is the father of Annie and Rew, he is an escaped prisoner. Also there is grandma and she is the one that takes care of Andrew's children in the house.

     The main plot/conflict in the novel is that Annie and Rew thought their father was dead and actually the grandma lied. The dad then escapes the prison and keeps them hostage in their own house. The mood was more of a sad then it turned a little more happy throughout the book.

     I really would recommend this book, I liked the description of everything and also the conflicts that Annie had to go through. What I remember most about my book was that the dad had killed a man that was with his cheating wife. You should go get out this book to actually get a feeling about loss, forgiveness, and to always love your family no matter what.





I commented on Siari, Mia, Amelia, Abdiel, and Sebastian's Blog.

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog Evie! I think you shouldn't take so many pauses and you shouldn't do that tongue clicking sound "tsk" and "tsp". You hear that a lot, overall good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your Book Talk! I also think that during the video you shouldn't have taken so many pauses as Mia said. This seems like a really interesting book, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mia and Jared that your Book Talk could have been more smooth. I do think it might have spoiled the book a little bit to the people who haven't read it yet. Other than that this was a great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mia too. However it was really good besides that. The book sounds really interesting, I would like to read it sometime. Otherwise really good job!

    ReplyDelete