Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Impression on the AoW Gallery Walk


Proton Therapy Machine
     My impression on the gallery walk was it was a superb idea! We could learn a lot about the world in just 30 seconds from each AoW. I didn't know anything on how they were trying to stop cancer. I learned in one of the AoW is that to help kill the cancer cells they are thinking of "proton therapy." It is a therapy in which you are put into a machine and "lasers" go through your body and try and stop the cancer cells from growing, and eventually kill them off. Two major problems is it is very expensive and it only kills some types of cancer cells. It was very interesting, they are trying to make those machines so that every hospital has access to at least one.

     The only flaw I saw in this gallery walk was many people did the same article. I think that everyone should get a different article, because one person had one type of information and the other had totally different information. I didn't know which one was right. The information was different because it could've been fro different points of views. On the other hand, I also learned a little more when I had the same article as someone else, because they have different thinking and experiences about that one topic. Otherwise, I think that this was a very great idea and we should do this again. I learned a lot about cancer, ebola, measles, drones, and conservation for the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment