Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tuesday's With Morrie - Bucket List

What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far? One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist? 

    Thus far in Tuesdays with Morrie I have had many reactions just because of Morrie. The way he puts little things into life lessons makes me very surprised and interested on having a conversation with him. He gives little aphorisms about life such as, "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in," (Pg. 52). He helped people with these little sayings, because they are entirely true. He surely has spoken to me, and I assume many others by this point. 


     Morrie has ALS, and there is no cure for the disease. He already knows it is terminal yet he is still positive. He does not see his illness as a setback, "'It's horrible to watch my body slowly wilt away to nothing. But it's also wonderful because of all the time I get to say good-bye.' He smiled. 'Not everyone is so lucky,'" (Pg. 57). I find that very powerful, how could have have a terminal illness and still be this positive? Personally, I don't know how but Morrie did. He has gone through so much and he still continued to grow into a better person everyday. He shocks me.

My Bucket List:
- Jump out of a plane
- Graduate from college
- Eat a spider
- Have an impact on someone's life
- Travel to all the continents
- Travel to all 50 states 
- Learn to speak fluent Spanish
- "Repay" my parents somehow
- Hug a lion

No comments:

Post a Comment