Monday, May 23, 2016

This I Believe Speech


"Everything Happens for a Reason"

        “What you do now will affect your life later. Even the little things like taking out the garbage, so go take it out.” That is what my dad says. He has always loved to say little snippets of life lessons now and then. One saying I never understood is a belief I still carry today: Everything happens for a reason.

        When I was six years old I had this one dog named Bebe. She was a handful. She always chewed on our shoes, used the bathroom everywhere, and barked at just random times.  I don’t remember a lot about her except the day she ran away.

        My cousins Jackie, Ricky and Alex were walking with me to my house after school. When we got to the street my house was on, Alex and I ran the rest of the way home. I called for Bebe to come and I saw the front door wide open. She had ran away since Jackie didn’t close it.

        Then a couple months later I got a new dog, Husky. He didn't pee and chew on everything.

        Even though this was long time ago and a very small event I still remember it because this was the day when I knew that everything happened for a reason.  This has changed me because I needed to know that after something horrible, there is always hope for something better. I know not to always be sad but to accept it because God has a plan for us, even if it means we lose our dog and get a better one.



No comments:

Post a Comment